ZIP recovery tool
How to recover data from corrupted ZIP archives
Recovery Toolbox for ZIP (download) is designed to recover files from corrupted ZIP or WinZip archives (all versions). The program scans the archive, detects the data structure, and tries to recover as much information from the corrupted archive file as possible. Using several different recovery algorithms, the tool makes it possible to achieve minimal loss of useful data stored in the corrupted archive. In addition, Recovery Toolbox for ZIP can check data integrity, which allows it to increase the quality of recovery. The zip file recovery program shows a full data recovery report during its operation.
The intuitive and easy interface allows even an inexperienced user to repair a faulty WinZip archive easily. The Zip recovery process consists of several steps. Recovery Toolbox for ZIP looks like a recovery wizard with a simple operation on each step.
How to recover a WinZip archive
Just select a corrupted Zip archive file on the first page and press the Next button. The algorithms of the zip recovery program scan the archive and determine the files stored in it. On the third page of the Zip recovery tool, the user can look at a list of files and the structure of folders in the archive that are available for recovery.
Main features of Recovery Toolbox for ZIP:
- Extract files from all versions of Zip/WinZip archives
- Repair data from archives with CRC errors
- Selectively save files and folders from a damaged Zip archive
- Recover data from encrypted archives
- Works with password-protected ZIP archives
- Works with ZIP archives larger than 4 GB
- Works with ZIP archives via LAN
- Uses several independent algorithms, making it possible to recover as much useful information from a corrupted archive as possible
Main situations when ZIP archives are corrupted:
- Operating system failures
- Power failures
- Restarting the system with the RESET button and others
- Some viruses
- Incorrect operations of antivirus software
- Archives being partially downloaded/copied
- Errors in the functioning of some software with the archive
- The zip recovery tool does not modify corrupted *.zip files.
- The recovery ZIP files tool only extracts data and saves it to the hard disk.
- The zip recovery program preserves the initial data structure when saving folders and files.
- The names of files and directories also remain unchanged.
- The rate of scanning an archive depends on the size of the archive and the performance of the computer. It may take quite a while to recover data on slow computers.
- Recovery Toolbox for ZIP is commercial software. Unregistered users cannot save data to disk.
Requirements: Windows 98 or above